[Intel-gfx] Reviving the LPSS PWM patches

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Sat Apr 9 09:14:38 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 11:54:39AM +0200, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 03:19:04PM +0530, Kumar, Shobhit wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 April 2016 04:26 PM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> > >I don't see any trace of pwm/lpss in dmesg, so it's normal that i915 fails
> > >to find it. I wonder if there may be a problem in the ACPI table. I have
> > >the DSDT and it clearly reports the:
> > >
> > >Name (_CID, "80860F09")  // _CID: Compatible ID
> > >Name (_DDN, "Intel(R) PWM Controller #2 - 80860F09")  // _DDN: DOS Device Name
> > >
> > >Which should be the lpss pwm. But somehow it is not loaded, so I guess it
> > >fails the probing.
> >
> > Can we put some prints in the probe routines and see whats happening in the
> > pwm-lpss-platform.c driver. There is also a PCI PWM LPSS driver -
> > pwm-lpss-pci.c Can you also enable that and see if the probe for that is
> > being called and successful ?
>
> I have CONFIG_PWM_LPSS_PCI=m, but udev doesn't load it. I can try to set
> it to =y.
>
> I will try to add some prints.

I have in /sys/kernel/debug/pwm:
platform/80860F09:01, 1 PWM device
pwm-0   ((null)              ):

platform/80860F09:00, 1 PWM device
pwm-0   ((null)              ):

So something is there.

--
(Escriu-me xifrat si saps PGP / Write ciphered if you know PGP)
PGP key D4831A8A - https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/