[Intel-gfx] Display problems after upgrade to X v1.18.3

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Tue Aug 23 19:06:10 UTC 2016

On 08/23/2016 01:10 PM, David Weinehall wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 11:40:53AM -0400, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> Not having much luck with the Distro forums on this issue so I thought
>> I'd ask for advice here.
>>
>> I've been running Ubuntu 14.04.4 for some time on Intel Core i5 GFX
>> without any issues.  My display is HDMI from the PC to an Onkyo A/V
>> receiver then to a Sony KDL-XBR6.
> Core i5 is a bit vague; to know what graphics generation you run,
> could you provide the output of:
>
> sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/i915_capabilities
gen: 6
pch: 2
is_mobile: yes
is_i85x: no
is_i915g: no
is_i945gm: no
is_g33: no
need_gfx_hws: yes
is_g4x: no
is_pineview: no
is_broadwater: no
is_crestline: no
is_ivybridge: no
is_valleyview: no
is_haswell: no
is_skylake: no
is_preliminary: no
has_fbc: yes
has_pipe_cxsr: no
has_hotplug: yes
cursor_needs_physical: no
has_overlay: no
overlay_needs_physical: no
supports_tv: no
has_llc: yes
has_ddi: no
has_fpga_dbg: no
jim at test:~$

> Also, since it might be a kernel issue, the kernel version would be
> nice to know too (uname -a).

Linux test 4.4.0-34-generic #53-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jul 27 16:06:39 UTC 2016
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Intel Desktop DCP847SKE NUC with Intel Celeron CPU 847 @ 1.10GHZ