[Intel-gfx] [RFCv2 16/19] drm/i915: Sanity check all registers for matching fw domains

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 18:39:08 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 06:25:59PM +0000, Matthew Auld wrote:
> On 20 December 2016 at 13:08, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> > +       for_each_set_bit(offset, valid, FW_RANGE) {
> > +               i915_reg_t reg = { offset };
> > +
> > +               intel_uncore_forcewake_reset(dev_priv, false);
> > +               check_for_unclaimed_mmio(dev_priv);
> hmm, what do we need this for ?

It clears the debug register before every test - so that we know the
only thing the debug register is complaining about is the I915_READ()
sandwiched in between. The reset is there to ensure that the fw is
turned off and the timer disabled, so that we have a vanilla state
every time with the powerwell off. Hopefully.