[Intel-gfx] drm-intel-fixes CI issues

Rodrigo Vivi rodrigo.vivi at intel.com
Mon Oct 15 21:20:00 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 03:59:36PM -0400, Lyude Paul wrote:
> Poke: still wondering what we should do about the patch in these fixes that
> came up a little later which got Cc'd to stable, despite it apparently not
> being a patch we want in stable (mentioned this over IRC):
>
> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/255428/ and
> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/50770/

Thanks for bringing this up.

So, These 2 patches are merged on the tree, but we don't want
them propagated to stable tree anymore? Do we have a fix for those?
Or are we reverting them?

We probably want to raise this up to Greg so he doesn't pick
them when running his stable scripts.

But also I was wondering another aspect of these patches I had here
on this dropped list.

In the end most of patches that was here will be picked by Greg's
stable scripts anyways.

Also other patches with cc:stable that were on that round
but got removed:

commit 1e712535c51a ("drm/i915/dp: Link train Fallback on eDP only if fallback link BW can fit panel's native mode")
commit 62358aa4ee86 ("drm/i915: Use the correct crtc when sanitizing plane mapping")
commit 68bc30deac62 ("drm/i915: Restore vblank interrupts earlier")

Should I add back at least these patches this week?
Or we should really wait for 4.19 to be released?

Thanks,
Rodrigo.