[Intel-gfx] drm-intel-fixes CI issues

Lyude Paul lyude at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 21:31:45 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-10-15 at 14:20 -0700, Rodrigo Vivi wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 03:59:36PM -0400, Lyude Paul wrote:
> > Poke: still wondering what we should do about the patch in these fixes
> > that
> > came up a little later which got Cc'd to stable, despite it apparently not
> > being a patch we want in stable (mentioned this over IRC):
> >
> > https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/255428/ and
> > https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/50770/
>
> Thanks for bringing this up.
>
> So, These 2 patches are merged on the tree, but we don't want
> them propagated to stable tree anymore? Do we have a fix for those?
> Or are we reverting them?
I am in the process of making a fix and am just about finished; just had to
clear some corner cases up with danvet. I think we should be fine if we do
either one of two things:

 * Just cc the third patch (once I've got it on the ML today) to stable, since
   I did want the problem these were intended to fix to also be fixed
   downstream, and while messy it should take care of fixing the problems that
   were introduced.
 * Don't cc the two patches to stable, and I can just handle backporting the
   third and final fix to stable

This is a new situation for me, so I'm honestly not sure which of those two
would be the best approach.
[more below]

> We probably want to raise this up to Greg so he doesn't pick
> them when running his stable scripts.
>
> But also I was wondering another aspect of these patches I had here
> on this dropped list.
>
> In the end most of patches that was here will be picked by Greg's
> stable scripts anyways.
>
> Also other patches with cc:stable that were on that round
> but got removed:
>
> commit 1e712535c51a ("drm/i915/dp: Link train Fallback on eDP only if
> fallback link BW can fit panel's native mode")
According to Manasi earlier in the thread:

"I am okay with that w.r.t my patch ("drm/i915/dp: Link train Fallback on eDP
only if fallback link BW can fit panel's native mode")"

So I think waiting until v4.19 on that one should be fine.

> commit 62358aa4ee86 ("drm/i915: Use the correct crtc when sanitizing plane
> mapping")
> commit 68bc30deac62 ("drm/i915: Restore vblank interrupts earlier")

Can't speak for these two though

https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-intel-fixes/CI_DIF_311/shard-glk8/igt@kms_plane@pixel-format-pipe-c-planes.html

--
Cheers,