[Intel-gfx] ✗ Fi.CI.BAT: failure for add more probe failures (rev6)

Daniele Ceraolo Spurio daniele.ceraolospurio at intel.com
Fri Aug 2 18:07:22 UTC 2019

On 8/2/19 10:02 AM, Michal Wajdeczko wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Aug 2019 15:30:19 +0200, Chris Wilson
> <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Quoting Patchwork (2019-08-02 14:12:38)
>>> == Series Details ==
>>>
>>> Series: add more probe failures (rev6)
>>> URL   : https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/64390/
>>> State : failure
>>>
>>> == Summary ==
>>>
>>> CI Bug Log - changes from CI_DRM_6614 -> Patchwork_13848
>>> ====================================================
>>>
>>> Summary
>>> -------
>>>
>>>   **FAILURE**
>>>
>>>   Serious unknown changes coming with Patchwork_13848 absolutely need
>>> to be
>>>   verified manually.
>>>
>>>   If you think the reported changes have nothing to do with the changes
>>>   introduced in Patchwork_13848, please notify your bug team to allow
>>> them
>>>   to document this new failure mode, which will reduce false
>>> positives in CI.
>>>
>>>   External URL:
>>> https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/Patchwork_13848/
>>>
>>> Possible new issues
>>> -------------------
>>>
>>>   Here are the unknown changes that may have been introduced in
>>> Patchwork_13848:
>>>
>>> ### IGT changes ###
>>>
>>> #### Possible regressions ####
>>>
>>>   * igt at i915_module_load@reload-with-fault-injection:
>>>     - fi-cfl-guc:         [PASS][1] -> [DMESG-WARN][2]
>>>    [1]:
>>> https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/CI_DRM_6614/fi-cfl-guc/igt@i915_module_load@reload-with-fault-injection.html
>>>
>>>    [2]:
>>> https://intel-gfx-ci.01.org/tree/drm-tip/Patchwork_13848/fi-cfl-guc/igt@i915_module_load@reload-with-fault-injection.html
>>>

>> Looks like we didn't flush the cleanup we started before reporting the
>> error. Maybe,
>
> it's "leaked" guc err log, that we now try to free after gem, see:
>
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-tip/commit/?id=6f76098fe0f3f0b519b2ad528b4319195d6d0f73

Not sure why but I was convinced that the log release was in uc_fini
(but I should probably have checked). late_release isn't the place to
release the logs IMO, but not sure where to put it since we don't really
do anything with the log at the moment (we stopped wedging on uc failure
a long time ago and the log is therefore never accessible). What's the
plan with https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/298002/? that would
make the log useful again and skip uc_fini on load failure, making that
the best place to put the release in.

Daniele