[Intel-gfx] Reconfigurable OA queries

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 06:50:12 UTC 2019

Quoting Lionel Landwerlin (2019-10-09 07:40:54)
> On 09/10/2019 02:26, Chris Wilson wrote:
> > Quoting Lionel Landwerlin (2019-10-09 00:14:41)
> >> If we start reusing it for extended parameters, we need to make fences
> >> the first extended param.
> > Why?
> >
> How do we pass a reconfigure of OA together with an array of fences?

They are independent extensions, you pass none, one or the other, or
both. Without the fence extension you have to choose...

I get your point, but that means the first patch that introduces the
extension mechanism should be providing the means to supply the existing
array (if it wants to remain a separate patch).