[Intel-gfx] [RFC 0/1] Add dsi_state in crtc_state

Vandita Kulkarni vandita.kulkarni at intel.com
Wed Oct 16 12:52:35 UTC 2019

This patch is another approach towards solving
two problems that we are facing in enabling dsi cmd mode.

1. GOP enables dsi cmd mode in periodic update mode but
we need to enable dsi cmd mode in TE_GATE mode.
To set it to TE GATE mode we need to follow a diable
enable sequence. This will help in state check for
mode_changed.

2. In TE gate mode we need to set frame update bit on every flip
With this we can udpate the FRMCTL on evey flip.

PS: OP_MODE_MASK and OP_MODE_SHIFT are not defined in this patch.
They are part of my earlier series
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/67974/

Vandita Kulkarni (1):
  drm/i915/dsi: Add dsi_state in crtc_state

 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/display/icl_dsi.c        | 39 +++++++++++++++++++
 .../drm/i915/display/intel_display_types.h    | 12 ++++++
 2 files changed, 51 insertions(+)

--
2.21.0.5.gaeb582a