[Intel-gfx] [bisected] Re: 7dc8f11437: regression in 5.7-rc0, hangs while attempting to run X

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Fri Apr 3 13:00:31 UTC 2020

Hi!

7dc8f1143778a35b190f9413f228b3cf28f67f8d

    drm/i915/gem: Drop relocation slowpath

    Since the relocations are no longer performed under a global
    struct_mutex, or any other lock, that is also held by pagefault handlers,
    we can relax and allow our fast path to take a fault. As we no longer
    need to abort the fast path for lock avoidance, we no longer need the
    slow path handling at all.

causes regression on thinkpad x220: instead of starting X, I'm looking
at blinking cursor.

Reverting the patch on too of 919dce24701f7b3 fixes things for me.

Best regards,
									Pavel