[Intel-gfx] [PULL] gvt-next-fixes

Zhenyu Wang zhenyuw at linux.intel.com
Tue Apr 7 08:02:56 UTC 2020

On 2020.04.03 10:50:33 -0700, Rodrigo Vivi wrote:

> +Dave and Daniel,
>

> > I forgot to mention one thing for 5.7. We've fixed to change guest mem r/w
> > from KVM to use new VFIO dma r/w instead in this series: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/72038/
> >
> > As this depends on VFIO tree and looks VFIO pull for 5.7 is not settled down
> > yet, we'd need to backmerge and send pull against vfio merge for 5.7.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm following on which backmerge you are willing
> us to do here. And for me it looks like late for 5.7 already.
>
> Maybe you mean we ack all of this to go through vfio flow
> then once that is settled drm backmerge and then drm-intel backmerge
> and you backmerge...
>
> Is that what you want?

My purpose is to get GVT side fixes of guest memory r/w through new
vfio dma r/w interface in 5.7. As vfio 5.7-rc1 pull has already been
merged in linus master, looks just want drm-intel backmerge now then
could send gvt side fixes. Ok for you?

Sorry for late reply, I was out for a short vacation.

Thanks

--
Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.

$gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827