[Intel-gfx] [patch] PCI ID review

Alexei Podtelezhnikov apodtele at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 14:40:42 UTC 2020

> These do not exist. They are fake PCI-ID for Windows95 multi monitor.
> The single device appears twice on the bus as a second function. We
> never had that restriction and could do multiple monitors on the single
> device.

Windows 10 drivers list them, they do show up on lspci and I'll quote
from Atom datasheet.
"This register is unique in Function 1 (the Function 0 DID is
separate). This difference in Device ID is necessary for allowing
distinct Plug and Play enumeration of function 1 when both function 0
and function 1 have the same class code."
Whatever this means.