[Intel-gfx] [i915] flip_done timed out errors with i7-1065G7 on kernel > 4.19

Vincent Guenat vincent.guenat at orange.fr
Wed Aug 12 12:54:52 UTC 2020

Hello there,

I am seeing this error after recently installing Archlinux on my Razer
Blade Stealth with the kernel version 5.7.12. I have seen it as well on
4.19, 5.4.55 and 5.8.0.

The error happens during boot time where it significantly increases boot
time. It starts with a time out in |drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done
followed by more time out in |||drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_dependencies
and |||||drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done, each of them taking about
10 seconds (which is the value in the source code as far as I can see).
There are 11-12 time out at each boot.|||
|||A similar issue was already discovered in previous version of the
kernel, but the selected solution of adding video=SVIDEO-1:d to the
kernel parameters has proved unsuccessful so far.|||
Note that Xorg also fails to launch, but this may be due to a
misconfiguration from my side, as I start it with startx.

There is more details (including a dmesg output for the kernel version
5.8.0) in my post on the Archlinux forums:

Thank you for any time you may spend on this problem,
Vincent Guenat