[Intel-gfx] [i915] flip_done timed out errors with i7-1065G7 on kernel > 4.19

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Thu Aug 27 13:09:17 UTC 2020

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020, Vincent Guenat <vincent.guenat at orange.fr> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I am seeing this error after recently installing Archlinux on my Razer
> Blade Stealth with the kernel version 5.7.12. I have seen it as well on
> 4.19, 5.4.55 and 5.8.0.
>
> The error happens during boot time where it significantly increases boot
> time. It starts with a time out in |drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done
> followed by more time out in |||drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_dependencies
> and |||||drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done, each of them taking about
> 10 seconds (which is the value in the source code as far as I can see).
> There are 11-12 time out at each boot.|||
> kernel, but the selected solution of adding video=SVIDEO-1:d to the
> kernel parameters has proved unsuccessful so far.|||
> Note that Xorg also fails to launch, but this may be due to a
> misconfiguration from my side, as I start it with startx.
>
> There is more details (including a dmesg output for the kernel version
> 5.8.0) in my post on the Archlinux forums:

Please file an issue at [1].

Please add drm.debug=14 module parameter, remove video=SVIDEO-1:d
(because it doesn't matter on your hardware), and attach to the bug the
full dmesg from boot. If you can, please try the drm-tip branch,
otherwise latest release or -rc kernel available.

BR,
Jani.

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/-/wikis/How-to-file-i915-bugs

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center