[LDTP-Dev] selectmenuitem() function used to handle Totem movie player

Nagappan anagappan at novell.com
Sun Nov 27 21:25:37 PST 2005

Hi Mauricio,
    Its a bug in Totem, I feel. Movie should be a menu, but it has been
listed as menu item. I'm seeing such a case for the first time. You
could proceed with your work around for time being.

Thanks
Nagappan

Mauricio Lin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am doing a script to handle Totem movie player.
>
> I used the selectmenuitem() function as selectmenuitem(window_name,
> 'mnuMovie;mnuOpenLocation') but it is not working since it cannot open
> the dialog window. It just select the 'Movie' menu. It was expected to
> select 'Movie' menu and afterwards the 'Open Location' submenu, but
> this is not happening.
>
> I had to split this function as:
>
> selectmenuitem(window_name, 'mnuMovie')
> wait(1)
> selectmenuitem(window_name, 'mnuOpenLocation')
>
> in order to make it works.
>
> It is strange because I have always used selectmenuitem(window_name,
> 'menu;submenu') to handle submenus, but it is not working  for Totem.
> It just works if I put each menu and submenu in a separate
> selectmenuitem() function.
>
> Is there any restriction to deal with Totem menus?
>
> BR,
>
> Mauricio Lin.

Nagappan A <anagappan at novell.com>
Novell Software Development (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Linux Desktop Testing Project - http://gnomebangalore.org/ldtp/index.php/Main_Page
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com/