[LDTP-Dev] Simple python script is not working

Nagappan anagappan at novell.com
Thu Oct 20 23:05:20 PDT 2005

Hi Mauricio,
    Its been a long time, that I have updated the documents. Sorry for
that... Recently we have done major changes and haven't updated the docs
section. Apologize us :)

After seeing your mail, I have updated the docs. Can you please follow
the new procedure in the same link ?

Thanks
Nagappan

Mauricio Lin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have followed the instruction from
> http://gnomebangalore.org/ldtp/index.php/How_to_create_Test_Scripts_for_PY-LDTP
> in order to create my simple script, but it is not working.
>
> The error message is printed as follow:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "teste.py", line 9, in ?
>     selectmenuitem ('gedit', 'mnuFile;mnuOpen')
> ldtp.error: Unable to get gui handle ldtp.c 1236
>
> This happens after I execute the python script.

> from ldtp import *
> from ldtputils import *
> import sys, string
>
> initappmap('/home/mauricio/teste/gedit.map')
>
> launchapp('gedit')
>
> selectmenuitem ('gedit', 'mnuFile;mnuOpen')
>
> click ('gedit', 'btnOpen')
>
> Any idea?
>
> BR,
>
> Mauricio Lin.

Nagappan A <anagappan at novell.com>
Novell Software Development (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Linux Desktop Testing Project - http://gnomebangalore.org/ldtp/index.php/Main_Page
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com/