[LDTP-Dev] Community meeting - Agenda !!!

jpremkumar jpremkumar at novell.com
Tue Sep 27 22:19:41 PDT 2005

Hi Kaveri,

	Thanks for rising the concern on automation scripts at the right time.
I think we have take some serious steps to improve the automation
scripts available currently with LDTP. Especially with todays 0.2.0
release, most of the available scripts might break because of huge
change in pyldtp and the appmap module.

Upto me following are the probable changes required on existing scripts
	* Component names such as 'txt0' etc., used in the scripts needs to be
changed since the new appmap module might generate a different name for
the same gui object.
	* Timing issues should be taken care of as the execution time with the
new searching algorithm is really quick. We may need to add more
time.sleep() statements in the script.
	* All the data used should be converted to the new xml format and the
corresponding scripts should be modified to use data from the xml file
using the new DataFileParser available in ldtputils.
	* Master scripts like 'evolution.py' for evolution, 'gedit.py' for
gedit should be changed to the new xml format to make use of gldap.py
which will help us control the flow of execution of scripts more
clearly.
	* We may also try to leverage the new performance related APIs
available with today release to provide performance related statistics
along with our automation scripts.

Though the number of changes are more, the new pyldtpeditor should ease
our work in most cases I guess.

I am currently working on porting calendar related evolution automation
scripts to the new format.

It is really necessary for all the owners in the TODO list to give some
serious thought to their respective automation modules.

Regards
Premkumar J