[LDTP-Dev] Appmap cannot map the gpdf scroll bar anymore

Mauricio Lin mauriciolin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:18:40 PST 2006

Hi Premkumar,

On 1/5/06, Premkumar Jothimani <prem.jothimani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Maurico Lin
>
> Checking the new map file I noticed that appmap is not generating the
> > scroll_bar anymore for gpdf.
> > Even at-poke cannot detect the scroll bar. I remember when I was writing
> > the gpdf script I was using an old version of appmap to generate the map
> > file.
> >
> > Is it a bug on the new appmap?
>

> If at-poke cannot detect then appmap also will not be able to because both
> follow the same approach. I think when you tried this time, the scrollbars
> didnot appear at all. Are you sure if the scroll bars where visible when you
> tried to do appmap?
>

> > You can try to open a pdf file and make the vertical scroll bar appears
> > in the gpdf application. Afterward try to map the gpdf file and verify if
> > appmap is generating the corresponding scroll bar.
> >

> I am asking again, are you sure scroll bars appeared on the screen when
> you tried to do appmap?

Yes, the vertical scroll bar appears. If I use my old map file that has the
scroll bar widget mapped, it does not work anymore. So I remaped the gpdf
map file and I noticed that it cannot map the scroll bar. Perhaps the
problem is not the ldtp version because I have installed and old version of
ldtp and the same problem keeps on. I guess it is something related to gpdf
application. Usually I use synaptic to update my applications and perhaps
the last gpdf update has caused this problem.

What do you think?

Get back to me if I am missing something.