[LDTP-Dev] Linux Desktop Testing Project editor

Harsha nharsha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 05:14:27 PST 2007

I feel the configure command:

./configure -prefix=/usr

should be

./configure --prefix=/usr

In the configure script I see:

echo $ECHO_N "checking python site path... $ECHO_C" >&6; }
pythonsitedir="`./find-python-path.py`"
pythondir="\${libdir}/${pythonsitedir}"
ldtpdir="\${libdir}/${pythonsitedir}/ldtplib"

The script "find-python-path.py (present in the ldtp source directory) is
run by the configure script, and this python scripts just returns a relative
path: lib\site-packages

which will be appended to $libdir.

There is some relation b/w vars: libdir, exec_prefix, prefix and
ac_default_prefix.

libdir='${exec_prefix}/lib'

test "x$prefix" = xNONE && prefix=$ac_default_prefix
# Let make expand exec_prefix.
test "x$exec_prefix" = xNONE && exec_prefix='${prefix}'

which in effect is installing in the ldtp python modules in a wrong path;
which is not visible to the python interpreter. It is required to make sure
that all the ldtp modules are visible to the python interpreter.

Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Cheers!!
Harsha Reddy

Cheers!!