[LDTP-Dev] ldtprunner not so robust?

Nagappan A nalagappan at vmware.com
Tue Feb 17 16:03:39 PST 2009

Hi Tac,

tac wrote:
> Hi lists,
>         Recently using the ldtprunner to startup some test suites.
> Find it is much powerful a tool : )
>        Still I find some seemingly like problems with it:
>         1. the test suite path providing for ldtprunner to find the
> test_suite_xml file
>  shouldn't have any "../" kind of thing in it, in which case ldtprunner
> just omits  it. This
> prevents me from executing the gnome-desktop-testing cases directly in
> case you may
> know that project in Gnome : )

I tried this scenario. If the .py file doesn't exist in the current
directory, the testcase will fail, as it can't find the .py file.
Anyways attached a fix, could you please try this ?
>        2.  Even  if  "ldtp-daemon" wasn't started  in  background,
> ldtprunner  wouldn't
> give any complaints and just  quit quietly.  Though  it  may  be  able
> to check through
> log file, but I just suggested ldtprunner could give more warnings that
> may sound
> friendly to user ?

In Linux, we no need to start the daemon, unlesss if it doesn't exist in
the path. How does this work in Solaris environment ?

Thanks
Nagappan