[LDTP-Dev] LDTP 1.7.1 on Ubuntu 8.10?

Wang Qi, Scott wangqi.s at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 00:01:42 PST 2009

Hi Nagappan,

I installed LDTP 1.7.1 (below URL) on Ubuntu 8.10 .

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/anagappan/xUbuntu_8.10/

I tried to run the below scripts on U8.10 after installation. I always found
a exception after runing the smoke_ldtp() after the first round. Is the LDTP
1.7.1 tested intensively on U8.10?

Thanks
Scott

~$ python ldtp_smoke_with_gedit.py
i is 0
GTK Accessibility Module initialized
i is 1
GTK Accessibility Module initialized

(gedit:16481): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_button_leave: assertion `GTK_IS_BUTTON
(button)' failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ldtp_smoke_with_gedit.py", line 30, in <module>
    smoke_ldtp()
  File "ldtp_smoke_with_gedit.py", line 20, in smoke_ldtp
    settextvalue(WNAME, 'txt1', 'hello world')
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/ldtp.py", line 858, in
settextvalue
    raise LdtpExecutionError (_responseStatus [1])
ldtplib.ldtplibutils.LdtpExecutionError: u'Window does not exist'

# Below is the content for ldtp_smoke_with_gedit.py
# This script will simply test the installation of LDTP and all
# necessary components on a newly installed system.
# 1) Close all all instances of gedit before calling this script
# 2) This scripts works on Ubuntu 9.0.4.

from ldtp import *

# Sometimes, '*gedit*' does not works.
WNAME = '*gedit'

def smoke_ldtp():

    launchapp('gedit')
    waittillguiexist(WNAME, guiTimeOut=3)

    # On Ubuntu 9.0.4, the text area is named as 'txt1'.
    # It could be 'txt0' or other value on other platform.
    # Please use the inspection tool such as "accerciser"
    # to check out.
    settextvalue(WNAME, 'txt1', 'hello world')

    selectmenuitem(WNAME, 'mnuFile;mnuQuit')

    waittillguiexist('dlgQuestion')

    click('dlgQuestion', 'btnClosewithoutSaving')

for i in xrange(10):
    print "i is %d" %i
    smoke_ldtp()