[LDTP-Dev] Inconsistency in APIs to use mnu object name

Ara Pulido ara at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 14 23:23:36 PDT 2009

Hello all,

I've always found the way LDTP deals with menus a bit weird.

I think it is much better if all the functions dealing with menus would
use some kind of hierarchy. Or better, if it could be set in the parameters:

ldtp.doesmenuitemexist(windows_name, "mnuFile;mnuCloseAll", hierarchy=true)

ldtp.doesmenuitemexist(windows_name, "mnuCloseAll", hierarchy=false)

One question for LDTPv2, would this inconsistencies be solved? Would be
ooldtp be better in LDTPv2?

Thanks,
Ara.