[LDTP-Dev] about the translated labels

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 07:42:45 PDT 2009

Hi Harry,

If you want to use the locale string, in LDTPv1, you have to use the label
name as it is, instead of LDTP convention :) If you are planing to use LDTP
convention, then you may need to populate the label names in your script for
each locale. This is not implemented in v2, will have to work on it.

Thanks
Nagappan

2009/10/26 Ning Fu <ning.fu at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I have such a code on Solaris:
>
> from ldtp import *
> from ldtputils import *
> setlocale('zh_CN')
> bindtext('gedit', '/usr/share/locale')
> selectmenuitem('*gedit','mnuFile;mnuNew')
> selectmenuitem('*gedit','mnuFile;mnuOpen')
> selectmenuitem('*gedit','mnuEdit;mnuPreferences')
> selectmenuitem('*gedit','mnuHelp;mnuAbout')
>
> My purpose is to test gedit in different locales with a same set of
> LDTP scripts.
> However, when I tested in zh_CN locale, I found a issue that "mnuNew"
> is reported as "Unable to get the child menu item".
> While others(mnuOpen, mnuPreferences, mnuAbout) work fine -- the
> localized dialog windows are opened.
>
> I checked the log file, and found out that "mnuNew" is translated to
> Chinese as "mnu新建", but others are kept in English.
> I guess that's why it fails.
>
> My question is -- If English label names work fine with localized
> applications, why some labels, such as "mnuNew" are translated? Isn't
> it a bug?
>
> Attached please find the log file.
>
> Thanks!
> Harry Fu

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com