[LDTP-Dev] Windows Vistat : getWindownList OK, but guiExist KO.

phlinux philippe.legay at keynectis.com
Thu Oct 18 15:55:45 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am new with Ldtp, but the tools seems to be very interresting. I am
working on windows (seven) with Java.
I do a getWindowsList() : OK. From this list, I get an window item.
guiExist() will return false for this item,
but getObjectList on this item is OK. The documentation "How to enable the
accessibility" explains what to do for Gnome, not for Windows.

In fact, in real life, the list[1] windows will not present at start time,
but few seconds later. So I need to wait for this windows. But if exist does
not work, when the windows is here, this will explain why the
waiTilGuiExist does not work.

I do not understand why list, access are OK, but exist fails.

Have you ideas, pointers, solutions ?

Thanks,

==== The code ======

       Ldtp l = new Ldtp("frmWebDriver - Windows Internet Explorer") ;

       list = l.getWindowList() ;
       for (int i = 0 ; i < list.length ; i ++) {
System.out.println("Windowlist ["+i+"] = "+list[i]) ; }

=== Output ===
Windowlist [0] = frmWebDriver - Windows Internet Explorer
Windowlist [1] = dlgWindows Security
Windowlist [2] = pane
Windowlist [3] = pane0
==============

       System.out.println("Exist "+l.guiExist("*"+list[1]+"*")) ;
=== Output ===
0

       Ldtp certif = new Ldtp(list[1]) ;
       list = certif.getObjectList() ;
       for (int i = 0 ; i < list.length ; i ++) {
System.out.println("Object ["+i+"] = "+list[i]) ; }

=== Output ===
Object [0] = paneWindowsSecurity
Object [1] = pane1
Object [2] = btnOK