[LDTP-Dev] Using LDTP to operate on a remote machine via VNC

Aakanksha Sastry p.aakankshasastry at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 18:29:42 PDT 2014

Hello Nagappan,

Thanks for your earlier reply. It looks like the GUI that I am trying to
automate is compatible with the GNOME version because I can see it in the
getwindowlist() output. However, I do not see all the controls appear when
I do getobjectlist('<software_name>') and the list is incomplete. There are
a few drop down menus in the window and the list returned by
getobjectlist() varies depending on whether the drop-downs are expanded.
Even when I get what seems like the full list, it looks like multiple
object names map to the same control, and some other buttons and labels are
ignored. I am not sure as to how to proceed with the testing now. I have
been looking in the documentation but couldn't find any API or method to
find the object name from a control's name on the GUI (for example, when I
give the name "File" in a gedit window to an LDTP method, it should return
me the object name or type in LDTP - "mnuFile" in this case) Does something
like this exist? Please advise as to what might be the best way to identify
names on windows with the object names in LDTP. Thank you for your help.

Best,
Aakanksha