[LDTP-Dev] Using LDTP to operate on a remote machine via VNC

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 07:52:36 PDT 2014

Hi Aakanksha,

LDTP can't work through VNC. But if LDTP service runs inside the target
system, then those can be tested using the one you mentioned 'operating
LDTP from a remote system'.

Thanks
Nagappan

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Aakanksha Sastry <
p.aakankshasastry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently started using LDTP for automating a few tasks on my windows as
> well as Linux machines. I have a procedure where I have to login from a
> Windows machine to a VNC session on a Linux machine and then start
> executing some tasks on the second machine. I was wondering if LDTP could
> be used to achieve that. The only relevant section of the tutorial that I
> see with regard to this is "operating LDTP from a remote system". I wanted
> to know if this section is relevant to my case and if my task could be
> achieved using LDTP. Thanks a lot for your responses in advance!
>
> Best,
> Aakanksha

Cross platform GUI testing
Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
Cobra - Windows GUI Automation tool - https://github.com/ldtp/cobra
ATOMac - Mac GUI Automation tool - https://github.com/pyatom/pyatom
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com