[LDTP-Dev] How to start Java app with Ldtp

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 19:17:58 PST 2014

Hi Yves-Alian,

Comments inline.

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM, Paroz, Yves-Alain <
Yves-Alain.Paroz at keymile.com> wrote:

> Hi Nagappan,
>

> Thanks for your answer, but may be I have not explain exactly my problem.
>

> I want to write a python script to test an application which itself is
> written in Java (Swing).
>
> I tried with success to access to the OS and to run the installer
> (InstallShield) to install this application
>
> I can also lauch the application, but when I ask for the component list
> with getobjectlist(), I only received this:

> ['ukn0', 'mnuSystem', 'mnuSystem1', 'btnMinimize', 'btnMaximize',
> 'btnClose']

Looks like only the title bar is accessible, rest all the object are not
(based on ukn0 - unknown widget type). Try your app with Microsoft Visual
Verify app and check respective widgets are visible (
http://uiautomationverify.codeplex.com/).

> So, I'm asking how to start this Java application so that CobraWinLDTP
> recognize the components.
>
> Do I have I to use the Ldtp.jar provide in your distribution?

Ldtp.jar is an interface to write LDTP based test, it has nothing to do to
test a Java app.

> Do I have to modify the command line "java -cp ...
> com.keymile.nms.unem.Main" to start?

I myself, haven't tested with Java app on Windows. On Linux, tried with
java-access-bridge accessibility library and it works. Though, my testing
was way long back.

> Or do I use the accessibility.properties in my jre distribution?

Not sure, how to do that on Windows. Maybe this
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/access/enable_and_test.html?

Thanks
Nagappan