[Libburn] How to pipe stdin to CD-RW ?

Derek Foreman manmower at signalmarketing.com
Thu Dec 1 18:00:38 PST 2005

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, scdbackup at gmx.net wrote:

> Currently i could need help with
> - the stdin problem

Wow, that's a pretty bizarre request.  The whole idea behind libburn was
that you'd have a C api instead of wrappers on shell scripts.

That said, I don't see any reason for this to not be made possible.

> - finding the specs about the system requirements of libburn

Should work with most mmc compliant burners.  Never really thought about
the requirements.  It's only really been tested on ia32, and it should
work with 2.4 and 2.6 linux kernels.  Maybe 2.2 as well.

I doubt it's much heavier on cpu than cdrecord (in SAO/raw mode.  libburn
still doesn't do TAO)

> - learning about the availability of libburn for end-users
>  of distros like SuSE or RedHat

Debian and gentoo have packages.  I don't know about any other
distributions.