[Libburn] Re: 64 bit off_t

scdbackup at gmx.net scdbackup at gmx.net
Wed Feb 22 03:02:19 PST 2006

Hi,

> I made an ebuild for it and posted it on the forums:
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-423501-highlight-.html

Hoorray, a tester !
Be welcome.

> As soon as you can get rid of your special libburn i'll submit it to
> bugs.gentoo.org. Probably will be closed with "later" but then it is
> there for users to test.

I am wiggeling and toggeling to produce acceptable proposals.
One point is still open.

> Well, i'm wanting to get rid of cdrecord if only there was a working
> replacement. Now with cdrskin its getting close :)

The list of larger wishes has grown meanwhile.

Not only -tao and -abort, but also -multi seems to be a
very essential cdrecord option for some people.
(I could not spot any signs for multi-session support in
the API documentation. Additionally i myself have no
experience with mkisofs|cdrecord in mult-session situations.
Still quite a way to go.)

There has also been expressed interest in a burner program
that is able to burn both, CD and DVD, like it is done by
cdrecord-ProDVD or the hacked cdrecord versions.

> Anyway, if you need me to do some tests let me know. I have an amd64
> running 64bit gentoo. I have no programming skils but if there is
> anything i can do...

It would be interesting to know wether one of the binaries
is willing to run on your system:
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/cdrskin_0.1.2.0.2.ts-x86-suse9_0.tar.gz
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/cdrskin_0.1.2.0.2.ts-x86-suse9_0-static.tar.gz

Do you use frontends to cdrecord which could be talked into
trying cdrskin ? I did this with K3b and it would be
encouraging to learn that other programs are also willing to
use it (within its current restrictions).
See:
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/k3b_on_cdrskin.html
I could need lists of missing options resp. message output
that is expected by such frontends. Especially the output
compatibility needs of other programs are mainly guessed
up to now.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas