[Libburn] Re: 64 bit off_t

Derek Foreman manmower at signalmarketing.com
Wed Feb 22 06:13:57 PST 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, scdbackup at gmx.net wrote:

> The list of larger wishes has grown meanwhile.
>
> Not only -tao and -abort, but also -multi seems to be a
> very essential cdrecord option for some people.
> (I could not spot any signs for multi-session support in
> the API documentation. Additionally i myself have no
> experience with mkisofs|cdrecord in mult-session situations.
> Still quite a way to go.)

Multi session. :(

The theory is that multi session will eventually be supported by getting
the disc structure back from a burnt yet open disc, using the normal
functions to add more tracks to it, and then passing that back to libburn.

I'm not sure how the libisofs side will integrate, obviously some help is
needed for linking to files from previous sessions.

No actual multi session burn code is written yet.  heh.

> There has also been expressed interest in a burner program
> that is able to burn both, CD and DVD, like it is done by
> cdrecord-ProDVD or the hacked cdrecord versions.

That's on my todo list as well, of course.

Of the big three, in terms of difficulty to implement, I'm expecting the
order to be:
TAO, DVD, multi-session

And will probably do them in that order.