[Libburn] Re: Condensed list of problems with libburn

scdbackup at gmx.net scdbackup at gmx.net
Wed Jan 4 03:38:25 PST 2006

Hi Derek,

can it be you have implemented the bug from my first patch
again ?

sector.c, line 124 as of CVS, 4 Jan 2005 , 9:00 UTC :

                valid = src->read(src, data + curr, shortage);
                shortage -= valid;
                curr += valid;
        }
        if (!shortage)
                return;
        memset(data + curr, 0, shortage);

in file_read() there is still a flat usage of read(2) so this can
still return -1 rather than the number of bytes.

I plan to daily compare the current CSV with my patched version of
december 8.
So i will learn when the central feature for cdrskin (i.e. arbitrary
source fd and user defined size) will become available.
Then i will port cdrskin to this state and check which of my problems
have been solved (and wether new ones emerged).

(Currently i'm squinting from trying to understand the diff output.
 That's like Orwell's Doublethink. What a relief to look at complete
 code parts afterwards.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas