[Libdlo] DL on Ubuntu almost ??

Gregory Gee gee.gregory at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 08:48:37 PDT 2009

  So following the wiki to set the xf86 server and the
displaylink_mod(instead of udlfb) from http://mulchman.org/blog/?p=21.
 Almost seems to work.  As mentioned on the wiki for Ubuntu9
(http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/Ubuntu9.04), it crashes on login.
 I can use the DL monitor for text console(VT) though.  But the page
doesn't mention what the error I will see in the xsession_errors.  I
have not patched the glib as mentioned yet.  Below is the output of my
xsession errors file.  Am I seeing the bug that the wiki talks about
or is there some other issue I need to deal with first.

Thanks,
Greg

======================
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
Setting IM through im-switch for locale=en_CA.
Start IM through /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/all_ALL linked to
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/default.
I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
N: main.c: Called SUID root and real-time and/or high-priority
scheduling was requested in the configuration. However, we lack the
necessary privileges:
N: main.c: We are not in group 'pulse-rt', PolicyKit refuse to grant
us the requested privileges and we have no increase
RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits.
N: main.c: For enabling real-time/high-priority scheduling please
acquire the appropriate PolicyKit privileges, or become a member of
'pulse-rt', or increase the RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits
for this user.

(gnome-settings-daemon:7808): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_propagate_error:
assertion `src != NULL' failed
GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET=/tmp/keyring-MwQqx3/socket
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/keyring-MwQqx3/socket.ssh

(gnome-settings-daemon:7808): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_propagate_error:
assertion `src != NULL' failed
Checking for Xgl: not present.
xset q doesn't reveal the location of the log file. Using fallback
/var/log/Xorg.0.log
Detected PCI ID for VGA:
Checking for texture_from_pixmap: Segmentation fault
not present.
Trying again with indirect rendering:
Checking for texture_from_pixmap: x-session-manager: Fatal IO error 11
(Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.
gnome-settings-daemon: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer)
on X server :0.0.
present.
Checking for non power of two support: