[Libdlo] MiMo UM-740 Xorg problem

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Fri Dec 11 00:26:08 PST 2009

Francesco Andrisani wrote:
> I've install gdm + xorg + gnome, bt when i launch gdm i see a blank
> screen with some blinks. Below my xorg.conf:

Hi Francesco,
I've had a similar problem. When GDM tries to start I was seeing the mouse
pointer and a circle around it while loading and then black screen and only the
mouse pointer.

The solution for me was to change the Greeter in gdm.conf to
/usr/libexec/gdmlogin instead of /usr/libexec/gdmchooser which is used by
default. This made a simple greeter to show on the screen.

On gdm-list I was offered some tips to debug the problem but I never had time to
do it. See http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gdm-list/2009-November/msg00010.html

Regards,
Alexander