[Libdlo] Still having problems...

James sammy at sammyjames.com
Thu Dec 17 19:39:19 PST 2009

Okay. Let me review a bit...

I cane to Linux, literally, about two months ago. I was able at that time to figure out how to create the CD using an ISO, installed Debian, and was happy. Then I learned that the rt kernel was necessary to do pro audio stuff (which is my forte, by the way) so I discovered Ubuntu Studio. I fell in love with it, and now I use it exclusively for testing.

What I hope to do is to create a new product -- yes, I'm a hardware designer as well as being a musician. I'm hoping that I can create something using the USB display, because it is super-power-efficient and works well enough for most tasks.

I'm not a hardcore programmer; if I learn a bunch of new stuff, I'll retain it, and yes, I will probably start doing some programming as well. It isn't like I have never programmed anything, but BASIC, LOGO, and HTML (which isn't really "programming," more like coding) don't make you an expert at Linux, C, C++, or anything else.

I need a more step-by-step explanation of what to do here. I understand how to download and compile this stuff. I went to Mulchman's site and followed all of his steps to a T, and still can't get this display to work.

What am I doing wrong...?

- James

James "Sammy James" Middleton
JSM Instruments