[Libdlo] SUCCESS.

James sammy at sammyjames.com
Sun Dec 27 00:26:50 PST 2009

I got the thing to show me the GNOME desktop. It only shows the part that has a background -- with no panels. But you can press Alt+F2 to get into your "Run Program" dialog, and from there you can launch FireFox and Terminal. So, in effect, you have your computer at your fingertips with the DS-90U.

Now, we still need a better driver, because this was a Frankestein's monster of a solution. I entered a bunch of search words, and came up with "Mythbuntu 7" DisplayLink DoubleSight." I'm actually using Ubuntu Studio, but hey -- I got it to work, didn't I?! (And if you want to try the solution yourself, just use the aforementioned search terms in Google. It will be the first thing to pop up, I believe.)

Finally, I used x2x. Go to wikipedia or use the link provided in the guy's forum post from above to find out more about it. As I said -- Frankenstein...

- Sammy