[Libdlo] First xorg driver and udlfb 2.1

Jason skimpniff at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 20:16:27 PST 2009

I am fairly new to the linux world, but have some basic understanding. I
have successfully installed the drivers for the MIMO UM 710 (udlfb and
xf86-video-displaylink) and dmesg shows:

[25973.927509] generic-usb 0003:17E9:401A.0004: hiddev96,hidraw0: USB
HID v1.10 Device [DisplayLink nanovision MiMo] on usb-0000:00:02.1-2/input1

suggesting that it is recognized and working. The problem I have faced
is that I can't figure out how to get Jaunty to recognize it. How do I
get this thing to display? I apologize for the newb question, but you
are the only one I have found that has had any sort of solution for
getting this working on Linux. I haven't done anything more than install
the two drivers listed above from your site, I assume there is something
I need to configure, I just don't know what that is. Thanks for any help
you can offer.

Jason