[Libdlo] libdlo performance and visual artifacts?

Hochmuth, Roland M roland.hochmuth at hp.com
Tue Jul 7 11:52:12 PDT 2009

Libdlo, I've been doing some experiments with libdlo. The primary test case is using dlo_copy_host_bmp. I'm only measuring a few 1280x1024 blts per second. You can see the blt "paint" to the screen. Additionally, the display has several different visual artifacts including vertical banding of colors and flickering/speckles. For example, on what is suppose to be mostly a white image, there are areas where the colors show a banding between white and an off white color. I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit with both the 0.1 release and code from the git repo and it the results are the same. I'm using the HP USB Graphcis Adapter. I've tried several different LCD monitors and a CRT monitor thinking that there might be some sort of video sync issue, but the results are the same everywhere. In comparison to another system that has been set-up with the X drivers, the X Drivers are much faster and the display fidelity is excellent. I'm just wondering if this is expected at this time or do you think that there might be some system related issue and have some suggestions that I could follow-up on? Regards --Roland