[Libdlo] libdlo performance and visual artifacts?

Bernie Thompson bernie at berniethompson.com
Tue Jul 7 14:42:15 PDT 2009

Hi Roland,

The performance differences are expected at this time -- the initial
release of libdlo is quite unoptimized, and we've fallen behind on
getting all the planned updates into it.  Work from Roberto and others
on the drivers (the main one being the Linux kernel framebuffer driver
- udlfb) have surpassed libdlo. Which in a way that's not too bad,
because the most common end-user scenario (Linux Framebuffer & X
Server on top of it) is also the one that's most progressed.

But in general, there are plenty of further opportunities for
optimization, as everything is early/rough right now.

On the color banding -- that sounds like a straight bug, possibly in
one of the colorspace conversions (or 24->16).  Which DLO_PIXFMT are
you using?

Thanks,
Bernie