[Libdlo] [ANNOUNCE] displaylink-mod-0.3(alpha) (was udlfb)

Dan dan at pod51.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 8 11:00:23 PDT 2009

Roberto De Ioris wrote:
> - the driver allocates all the framebuffer space (1900*1200*2) so its
> unsuitable for embedded devices, i will add a module param to limit the
> amount of allocated memory (and so the resolution)

Hi Roberto,

You're still using kzalloc for the backing buffer which failed on my
CentOS 64 bit machine - I changed it to vmalloc and it worked.

The other thing which got me is that I read the above as being 1920x1200
- you're actually allocating 1600x1200 by default which caused a nasty
crash when I attached to my 1920x1200 monitor.

I also get lots of blue painted in the background instead of plain black
- I don't know if this is another 64 bitism I haven't tried on a 32bit
OS yet. And there are a couple of warnings for ints/long ints - one is
in a printf which is fairly innoccuous, although another is in the
passing of

  CC [M]  /space/local_scratch/displaylink-mod-0.3/displaylink-main.o
/space/local_scratch/displaylink-mod-0.3/displaylink-main.c: In function
âdisplaylink_probe:
/space/local_scratch/displaylink-mod-0.3/displaylink-main.c:68: warning:
passing argument 6 of âusb_fill_bulk_urbâ from incompatible pointer type
  CC [M]  /space/local_scratch/displaylink-mod-0.3/displaylink-usb.o
/space/local_scratch/displaylink-mod-0.3/displaylink-usb.c: In function
âdisplaylink_set_video_mode:
/space/local_scratch/displaylink-mod-0.3/displaylink-usb.c:242: warning:
format %d expects type int, but argument 3 has type long int

Great work!

thanks,

Dan.