[Libdlo] libtubecable 0.1.1

Henrik Bjerregaard Pedersen hbp at xinc.dk
Wed Jun 10 01:24:16 PDT 2009

Hi Florian.

> >     // this loop generates sub-blocks of max. 248 pixels
> >     for ( pixel = 0; pixel < pcount; pixel++ ) {
> >         thispix = pixels[pixel];
> >         dl_huffman_append( cs, thispix - prev );
> >         prev = thispix;
> >     }
> Why did you change it to 248? I think your routine will return
> significantly less than 508 bytes of data in most cases, which confuses
> the decoder. It's absolutely mandatory to have 508 bytes of compressed
> data (with headers), followed by AF20FFFF for a total of 512 bytes.

I tried various values, and I got more errors when using eg. 255.
If the behaviour of the Huffman decoder isn't quite predictable (or at
least not without proper docs), then I think I will prefer to live
without Huffman coding. Anyway, it is still much too slow for video
playback.

--
Henrik Bjerregaard Pedersen
phone: +45 38606892 mail: hbp at xinc.dk