[Libdlo] libtubecable 0.1.1

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Wed Jun 10 03:55:17 PDT 2009

> I tried various values, and I got more errors when using eg. 255.
> If the behaviour of the Huffman decoder isn't quite predictable (or at
> least not without proper docs), then I think I will prefer to live
> without Huffman coding. Anyway, it is still much too slow for video
> playback.

Hello Henrik,

I've done some very ad-hoc testing recently and piped a sequence of raw
images through tubecable_demo to see how fast this would be possible.
I've gotten about 45 to 55 FPS with 640x480, so it seems at least
possible to get 30 FPS at up to 1024x768.

Maybe even more throughput might be possible through clever reuse of
existing blocks such as in Phil's experiment. BTW, do mplayer/vlc/etc.
use Bitblt where appropriate? This would be perfect for DL devices.

As for the predictability: I think most errors result from not sending
blocks of exactly 512 bytes. Almost all problems I had were somehow
related to this limit.

Florian
--
0666 - Filemode of the Beast