[Libdlo] [ANNOUNCE] udlfb 0.2.3 and xf86-video-displaylink 0.3

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Wed Jun 10 15:45:09 PDT 2009

Hello Alan,

> so what is needed to build this from a virgin Ubuntu desktop install? I
> have build-essential installed, I went into the udlfb folder and ran
> make, it worked fine and built a bunch of files including the .ko one
> which I expect needs to be put somewhere in the modules directory but I
> am not sure where.
The exact location below /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/ doesn't matter - e.g.
just create a directory "displaylink" directly below and put it there. You
may need to run "depmod -ae" afterwards.

> (II) LoadModule: "displaylink"
> (WW) Warning, couldn't open module displaylink
> (II) UnloadModule: "displaylink"
> (EE) Failed to load module "displaylink" (module does not exist, 0)
> I guess the udlfb.ko file needs to be put somewhere. Any suggestions?
No, these errors are due to "displaylink.so" not being in the right place,
usually /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/. Maybe "make install" put it into
/usr/local/lib/.... ?

Florian
--
"_Nothing_ brightens up my morning. Coffee simply provides a shade of
grey just above the pitch-black of the infinite depths of the _abyss_."