[Libdlo] linux kernel fraebuffer driver update

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Thu May 21 09:49:29 PDT 2009

Hi all, the fbcon driver for displaylink is quite ready.

I am working on y wrap acceleration but i think tomorrow i will post it.

In the driver you will find a non-standard ioctl that takes an area as
parameter. Sending this ioctl force the displaylink framebuffer to
commit the gfx area to the device. In this way writing a first
(prototype) xorg driver would be simple. (a standard framebuffer driver
+ a call on the ioctl on every update would be sufficient)

I am not sure that putting compression in the kernel side is a good
thing, so i am working even on a total userspace (libusb based) xorg
driver.

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it