[Libdlo] full accelerated fbcon (without compression), please test it

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Sat May 23 09:21:28 PDT 2009

> This is a test version (based on 0.1) that includes all the code
> to accelerate the fbcon. It still uses the slow usb_bulk_msg and
> usb_control_msg functions but performance must be a lot better. (even
> without compression)
> Please give me reports on improvements (or regressions)
Hello Roberto,

first of all, congratulations - great to have a framebuffer now!

I just tried this driver on my laptop running 2.6.29-gentoo, and as soon
as I attach my device (EVGA UV12) with the driver loaded, the machine
crashes really hard (total freeze, no panic). This happens regardless of
whether X is running. Normally, I don't have a framebuffer console, but
plain old VGA. Does this matter? fbcon module and friends are loaded.

Yours, Florian