[Libdlo] full accelerated fbcon (without compression), please test it

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Sun May 24 07:51:04 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 18:21 +0200, Florian Echtler wrote:
> > This is a test version (based on 0.1) that includes all the code
> > to accelerate the fbcon. It still uses the slow usb_bulk_msg and
> > usb_control_msg functions but performance must be a lot better. (even
> > without compression)
> > Please give me reports on improvements (or regressions)
> Hello Roberto,
>
> first of all, congratulations - great to have a framebuffer now!
>
> I just tried this driver on my laptop running 2.6.29-gentoo, and as soon
> as I attach my device (EVGA UV12) with the driver loaded, the machine
> crashes really hard (total freeze, no panic). This happens regardless of
> whether X is running. Normally, I don't have a framebuffer console, but
> plain old VGA. Does this matter? fbcon module and friends are loaded.

Very strange, can you post your arch (most of all if its a smp system) ?

After the reboot you have nothing in the /var/log/messages ?

If you can, add some printk in the dlfb_probe function to find where
your system hangs. The only "critical" part is here, the rest of
functions only send data to the usb devices.

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it
JID: roberto at jabber.unbit.it