[Libdlo] CRTC emulation

Frank Blendinger fb at intoxicatedmind.net
Thu Oct 15 00:41:12 PDT 2009

Hi Roberto.

On Thu 2009-10-15 09:33, Roberto De Ioris <roberto at unbit.it> proclaimed:

> > > Hi Kal, i have started working on an intel patch on June but i have stop
> > > the work after i have faced with the 2048*2048 limit of this driver.
> > >
> > > My work is currently targeted on radeon (a little bit harder of intel
> > > driver but without those annoying limits).
> > >
> > > I think that the xorg/intel team should reintroduce some sort of
> > > multicard managing (as the old xinerama) as a fast-and-simple way to use
> > > displaylink devices without messing the xserver (even if that could be a
> > > good way to go in the near future)
> >
> > So there is currently no way to have a displaylink screen integrated in
> > any way with an X server using the intel driver, right?
> >

> Yes, you can use it as a second screen (the so-called zaphod-mode)
> adding a second "Device" section to your xorg.conf.
>
> Search in the list (and in the readme in the driver distribution) and
> you will find a lot of example configurations

I tried to do that, see my mail on this list from 2009-10-08. I still
have not managed to get it working, so I was wondering if it really was
possible at all.

Btw, you sent your reply to me personally; I think we should keep it on
the list, hope that's ok with you.

Greetings,
Frank

--
Frank Blendinger | fb(at)intoxicatedmind.net | GPG: 0x0BF2FE7A
Fingerprint: BB64 F2B8 DFD8 BF90 0F2E 892B 72CF 7A41 0BF2 FE7A