[Libdlo] Fwd: Help with Ubuntu 10.04

Andrew Simpson adpsimpson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 07:30:38 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I've recently got a Mimo UM 720S (a 7 inch touchscreen displaylink monitor).
I've not had much luck getting it working - I'd like it to display my
desktop, either extended from the laptop or instead of the laptop screen.

On reboot after first plugging in the screen, a text terminal is displayed.
Touch capabilities are working, although the screen is inverted - this is
presumably just a calibration issue.

So far I've successfully compiled and installed libdlo, and run the "make
check" script to display the test graphics. This works fine.

I then tried to follow the instructions given here:
http://www.pur3.co.uk/view.php?DisplayLink

These say that the displaylink drivers are provided with Ubuntu 10.04. I had
no luck getting anything working, with the suggested method of getting the
xclock to display causing an error ("No screens found").

I then tried the instructions linked from the freedesktop wiki, at
http://blogg.noonday.se/2010/01/28/linux-usb-video-adapter/
Again, this gave me no luck, and on reboot repeatedly faced me with two
blank screens.

So, can anyone please give me a reasonably simple set of instructions to
getting a displaylink monitor working on Ubuntu 10.04? I'm not new to linux,
but have just spent a day (and probably 50+ reboots) trying this - feels
like a reasonable time to ask for help! :)

Many thanks, Andy Simpson

--
http://www.monthofsaturdays.net