[Libdlo] Ubuntu 10.10 nonstarter

Andrew Simpson adpsimpson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 07:57:04 PST 2010

Hi all,
I contacted this list some time ago with regards to getting a Mimo
UM-720S screen working with Ubuntu 10.10. I've had little success and
thought I'd ask for some more pointers.

I have attempted to follow the instructions given at
http://www.pur3.co.uk/view.php?DisplayLink and
http://blogg.noonday.se/2010/01/28/linux-usb-video-adapter/ and even
tried the usbseat route described at
http://plugable.com/2009/11/16/setting-up-usb-multiseat-with-displaylink-on-linux-gdm-up-to-2-20/
but all have ended with nothing.

I'm using a Toshiba R500 Portege laptop with integrated Intel
graphics. I'm at the stage now that if I connect the screen before
booting, the machine boots fine but then the main screen will flicker
for a while, then turn off. The Mimo shows the boot screen for a short
time during boot, then shows green. I have attempted any number of
edits to the xorg.conf file, but cannot get anything useful to show on
it.

If I plug in the screen after booting, I get the green screen. I can
successfully run the tests supplied with the libdlo drivers, so libdlo
is obviously installed correctly.

I've spent about 4 hours on this today, and many hours in the past -
if anyone can help I'd be very grateful! I can supply any debug info
requested etc.

Best regards
Andrew