[Libdlo] Arkview 1612

James Baron james at bluebaron.ca
Sun Feb 7 13:28:26 PST 2010

I've seen at least one other person with questions regarding the Arkview
1612 which apparently uses a DisplayLink compliant chipset.  Trying to get
this working on a Sheeva plug.   Doesn't work for my notebook either.  The
light on the device turns on, flashes twice, turns off and the monitor won't
do anything so even the fb as a start would be good.
I think the fb comes installed with precompiled with SheevaPlug Installer.
I have major troubles reinstalling the fb drivers because they won't compile
for this or that reason.  If it comes down to it, I'll work more on that and
try go get those issues resolved, but to have to recompile this kernel
without the config for it would be rough.  Still, I think we're okay with
the installation because others have said it works right after you install
the SheevaPlug Installer with other DisplayLink devices and the dmesg seems
to know about the device and the udlfb is sending out messages.  My dmesg
shows that the device is ready.
Any ideas on this one?  This would make it so my SheevaPlug could run HDMI;
an application for the SheevaPlug that is extremely killer.
Here's my relevant dmesg stuff:
[  773.520101] usb 2-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address
2
[  773.674090] usb 2-4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[  773.745699] udlfb: module is from the staging directory, the quality is
unknown, you have been warned.
[  773.748173] DisplayLink device attached
[  773.748655] ret control msg 0: 4 0500fffffff0
[  773.810042] EDID XRES 0 YRES 0
[  773.810051] INIT VIDEO 0 800 480
[  773.810056] INIT VIDEO 1 1024 768
[  773.810061] INIT VIDEO 2 1280 1024
[  773.810065] INIT VIDEO 3 1400 1050
[  773.810069] INIT VIDEO 0 800 480
[  773.810073] INIT VIDEO 1 1024 768
[  773.810078] INIT VIDEO 2 1280 1024
[  773.810508] ret control msg 1 (STD_CHANNEL): 16
[  773.810634] ret bulk 2: 156 156
[  773.810752] ret bulk 3: 0
[  773.810756] found valid mode...0
[  773.812629] screen base allocated !!!
[  773.816470] colormap allocated
[  773.833806] usbcore: registered new interface driver udlfb
[  773.833813] VMODES initialized
[  773.855017] Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 160x64