[Libdlo] can't get Sewell USB-to-DVI working; missing /dev/fb*

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Mon Feb 22 14:18:03 PST 2010

Hi Ofer,

I'm assuming you never got a green screen, since there's no /dev/fb*

Two suggestions:

1) Can you try the latest udlfb code? "sudo apt-get install git-core;
git clone http://git.plugable.com/webdav/udlfb; cd udlfb; make; sudo
make install; sudo depmod -a"
2) After reboot, "sudo tail -f /var/log/kern.log" and then plug in
your adapter - look for errors, perhaps copy output here.

Mulchman's instructions should be fine otherwise, on 9.10.

Best wishes,
Bernie
http://plugable.com/