[Libdlo] what displaylink device should i buy and what steps are still needed?

Christoph Rissner c.r at visotech.at
Fri Jul 9 02:54:51 PDT 2010

Hi Bernie,

On 07/08/2010 09:12 PM, Bernie Thompson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Bernie Thompson
> <bernie at berniethompson.com>  wrote:
>> >  4) Long term, adding an interface to write a backup/default EDID via
>> >  sysfs
> This feature has been added to udlfb.  Commit at:
> http://git.plugable.com/gitphp/index.php?p=udlfb&a=commitdiff&h=eb76b04f0841e85d68f748511722e2a50dbda3ee

thanks a lot for this, it works great!
I've attached my udev rule to automate this, it matches some parts of
the udev info and copies the edid data over.

If someone is interested, (udev) infos about a device can be read using:
udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info --query=path --name /dev/fb1)

Bye,
Christoph